Many things have gone right today: Aerin and I found the bassoon guy after a very twisty drive into the edge of Boston. We got home from that safely too. I found my camera. I bought a new faucet for the kitchen sink, and removed the old one, and installed the new one, and with Red Kate's help even managed to remove the old sprayer spigot and replace it with the new one. I found a bunch of pieces for the Music Man set that will get built next weekend. I also have enough budget for a lot of them.
So here is yesterday's piece - a transparent piece on the back of the previous day's piece. I like the way the image is visible and less so depending on the intensity of the gesso that bled through the fabric.
Today's was one more reason I am mighty. I used an opaque transfer, and I wanted some of a transparent transfer over the top of it. So I ironed the transparent transfer face down on the opaque transfer.... and it STUCK. ARGH!! I tried to peel it off, and Red Kate tried to peel it off, and we agreed maybe water might help, and IT DID. (mighty, I tell you what!)
The end result is very misty and mysterious, and might still have a thin layer of paper over the top, but at least the image is visible. Which is better than I hoped for originally. (Really. I had a picture of the blank white back of the transfer paper, with pathetic little rips along the edges, all ready to post because I had already accomplished so much today I was willing to let that go. And then: win!!)