Another big piece finished. This one will be 16"x20" when trimmed and mounted.
I started this lst summer and halted because I was unhappy with the center of the piece. I think mostly I was feeling frustrated with the difficulties I was having reaching the center of the piece with my sewing machine - the Bernina 1630 I use regularly has a fairly short throat, or harp, and I have to roll things up to get at the center in any detail. I managed to overcome that, and finished the detail work this morning. It felt lovely to sit down and sew after a week of strenuous garage clearing and renovations.
I've already started the next piece, but had to stop because I can't decide if I want to set it in the fall, when I took the photo, or the spring, because all I can think of right now is spring and summer!