Turns out you can use tissue paper for transfer paints. I wasn't sure, in part because I wasn't sure which side of the paper the paint had dried on. The tissue paper is so light that when I was trying to rest things on the radiator to dry the tissue paper was floating right up the wall. I got some nice texture from the tissue paper being slightly scrunched as well. I think that is an artifact of the satin I was transferring to, rather than a constant function of the tissue paper.
I also experimented with transferring onto other textures of fabric. I have a startling amount of white felt, so I tried several layers on that, with interesting, if fuzzy, results. It takes a lot of color to get down into the structure of the felt, so it can carry a lot of layers of color, so long as they are all light.
I also worked for a while on the TIF Challenge. I am having detailed thoughts about other topics, but this is what I worked on making. Today felt like process rather than planning, so I just ploughed ahead with cutting and stitching, to see where it would take me.
The thought was alternating rectangles of felt, with leaves on them. I like the stand up seams. I adore the leaves. I have more leaves on sheer fabric to go over the more solid blocks. There is another picture of the larger object on Flickr.
As for the lack of posting yesterday. Well. I am thinking I might
get take Fridays off. I read. I knitted. I had a nice lunch with Al.