It helps me think about what I am doing if I can make it into a list. So I worked on formalizing yesterday's nebulous concepts into a list, and it looks liket his:
- media of the moment – an extended set of experiments with a particular media going for at least a month, possibly six weeks, and consisting of the daily thing and the weekly thing
- daily thing - daily sample of the media of the moment
- weekly thing – using the samples or new knowledge of the media of the moment, make a 5x7” work
- monthly thing – SharonB's Take it Further Challenge (TIF) - work off the colors every time, try to get to the theme as well
- trees/leaves – finish 5 of 10 leaves each series (a project I have been idly thinking about for a year) for gingko, birch, dogwood, maple, oak
- start the first of the weeds series on 12x12" backgrounds
- call your mother
- ride a horse
- laugh with a friend
- go to a gallery/museum
- ride your bike with your family
These are things I intend to do this year. In June I will revisit the media of the moment concept and see what I have left in my stash to explore. It could be a semester course, or it may go all year. I am not sure how many different kinds of stuff I have in there. The weekly thing will keep me making stuff with my experiments, and I will try to tie the monthly thing to the media of the moment experiments as well.
so Mom - you've moved up the list in importance, and you should hear from me soon.