This is a test. This is only a test. In the event of an actual blog entry, something real must have happened and I would be writing about it here.
Actually, the New Year happened. I flat refuse to do resolutions, I am already eating better and have lost weight, so I wrote down some things I intend to do that will (I hope) improve my life in a good way.
It came out to a list of six things, with a bunch of rules and regs about the first thing, which is:
- make a fabric postcard every day
- 4" x 6"
- every day, must be done, edges and back finished
- color of the month, shape of the month (Jan is blue, circle)
- digital picture to be posted to Flickr
After that, the rest are (relatively) easy:
- talk to friends more, every couple of days
- knit all the socks from the Blue Moon Sock Club, when they come in
- call my mother more, at least every other day
- ride the new bike when the weather is above 45 degrees
- ride horses whenever the opportunity presents itself, no sloping off after cleaning stalls just because you can't face a particular horse or don't quite feel like it
So I did Yoga, ran a mile and rode a black mare, and made my postcard yesterday and today.
The postcards are at Flickr and once I have figured out how I'll make them their own little folder separate from other artwork that will, by grace or sweat, be included as well.